Pumpkin Chai Latte
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- pumpkin spice mix (see below)
- 1-3 drops vanilla stevia drops (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in bowl for pumpkin spice mix and put to the side for later.
- Heat your water and milk on the stove over medium heat.
- Steep tea bags in liquid on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard tea bags.
- Place heated mixture, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and stevia in blender.
- Blend until smooth and pour into mug.
Optional: top with coconut cream and sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
Recipe by Dr. Thomas A. Chaney