Alcohol NOT on your Plan?? But it's summer, it's hot, it's BBQ and Party Time! Make Dr. Steph's Delicious MockARITA!!
So good you won't even miss the alcohol! Extra health benefits:
- low sugar
- gut happy cider tonic
- contains 'inulin', a fiber that the good bacteria in your gut LOVE to promote improved diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and bone density!
Ingredients (for 2)
- 1 bottle Kevita Brand Meyer Lemon Cider Tonic
- 2 organic limes, washed
- 2 tsp inulin
- 2 Tbsp room temp water
- optional: fresh organic raspberries or strawberries
- optional: smoked salt (to rim glasses)
- ice cubes...lots
- optional - Neuro Calm and Neuro Mag (healthy ways to add flavor and SUPER healthy nutrients for gut and brain/mood health.
- citrus press
- paring knife
- small bowl
- bar shaker (not necessary) OR medium pitcher
- large toothpicks for berries/garnish
- margarita or other fun glasses
- If you want to get fancy, rim your fun glasses with some smoked salt and fill with ice cubes
- Fill the bar shaker or pitcher with ice cubes
- If using bar shaker, may need to half recipe and make 1 marg at a time, with the pitcher you can make 2 or double for 4 drink at a time.
- Mix 2 tsp of inulin powder with the 2 Tbsp of water until inulin dissolved
- Into pitcher or shaker, put the Kevita Lemon Tonic and the inulin water
- Zest into the glasses and into the pitcher/shaker the rind of the limes
- Cut limes in half and press all the juice into the pitcher/shaker
- Gently stir or 'shake' the drink to mix and pour into glasses over the ice.
- Optional - mottle 1/2 cup strawberries or raspberries OR a scoop of Neuro Calm or Neuro Mag and add to pitcher/shaker before mixing all
- Garnish with a couple berries spiked with large toothpick.
Inulin can be purchased from the office (Living Health Integrative Medicine)
Neuro Calm and Neuro Mag can be purchased from office or online store www.livinghealthmarket.com
Recipe by Dr. Stephanie Chaney