Immune Boosting Chicken Soup
This immune boosting chicken soup is an easy-to-prepare dish and packed full of ingredients that will help support your immune system through this winter season. In addition, the holiday’s can be a time where tempting foods are constantly present and over-eating becomes common. To enjoy the holiday season a little more guilt-free, I recommend consuming a bowl full of this satisfying, immune boosting soup before heading out the door!
This Chicken Soup is packed full of vegetables and immune boosting ingredients, it’s restorative and delicious.
Author: Claire | Sprinkles and Sprouts
Course - Main Dish
Cuisine - American
Prep Time - 10 Minutes
Cook Time - 15 Minutes
Servings: 4 Small bowls
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Celery stick
- 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Frozen peas
- 1 Tbs Oil Avocado or coconut
- 1 Liter Chicken bone broth
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Clove garlic
- To taste Salt
- To taste Pepper
- 3 Chicken thighs
- Small Handful Parsley
- Pinch Chili flakes Optional garnish
- Lemono wedge Optional garnish
- Chop the onion, carrot and celery into fine dice.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chopped veg, peas and mushrooms.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, turmeric and crush in the garlic.
- Taste your bone broth and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and add the chicken thighs.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the thighs are cooked through.
- Remove the thighs from the liquid and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Return the chicken to the soup.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
- Garnishes of chili flakes and lemon will also give your immune system a boost.
Recipe by Living Health