Ginger Baby Bok Choy
Who said eating healthy was dull? This ginger baby bok choy recipe is packed with dietary fiber, a kick of flavor with the ginger, low calorie, and delivers protein. It is perfect if you want to stay on the healthy track or if you have fallen course and want to get it back!
This recipe is a super-food combined detox in itself and is simple to make… not to mention gluten free, dairy free and grain free. Need I say more?
Love this recipe? Try our Butternut Squash and Kale Salad for another tasty veggie packed option.
Course - Side Dish
Cuisine - American
Servings: 4 Servings
- 4 Large baby bok choy
- 1 Tbsp Unrefined sesame oil
- 1 Cup Celery Sliced
- 1 Tsp Ground ginger
- 2 Cloves garlic Finely chopped
- 1/4 Lb Fresh shiitake mushrooms Stems discarded and caps sliced
- To taste Gluten-free tamari
- Trim 1/4-inch off root ends of bok choy. Cut into 2-inch sections, keeping stems and leaves in separate piles.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté celery and ginger for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add bok choy stems and mushrooms and sauté for three minutes or until vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add leaves and continue to cook, covered, until tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with tamari.
Recipe by Living Health