Curried Chicken Salad
Just a little of this and a little of that is all you need to throw together this tasty curried chicken salad dish. Enjoy Dr. Steph’s Curried Chicken Salad at a picnic, at a cookout or in the comfort of your home for a simple chat and chew. Get a fork, grab a bowl and take a seat wherever it suits you. This recipe is gluten-free.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 Tsp coconut oil Or Avacado oil
- 1 Lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Yellow onion Diced
- 1/5 Tsp Curry powder
- 6 Oz Plain coconut yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 Cup Jicama Diced and peeled
- 2 Cups Green seedless grapes Halved
- 1/2 Cup Toasted pecan pieces
- 1 Cup Red pepper Diced
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick skillet. Sauté chicken for three minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, sauté until translucent. Stir in curry powder. Sauté one minute over low heat.
- Remove chicken mixture from pan and place in refrigerator to cool completely.
- While chicken cools, combine yogurt, lime juice, jicama, grapes, pecans, and red pepper. When chicken is cold, add to yogurt mixture.
Recipe by Dr. Stephanie Chaney