Turkey Veggie Burger
- 1lb organic ground turkey
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 1 small red onions minced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro minced
- 1 Tbsp. avocado/olive oil
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 medium Portobello mushroom tops grilled
- 4 medium collard green leaves steamed
- 2oz organic baby spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch of broccoli steamed
- Use a box grater to grate the zucchini, super fine.
- Squeeze ALL the moisture from the zucchini with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, cilantro, garlic, onion, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Make 5 equal patties, not too thick so they cook in the center.
- Grill approximately 18-20 minutes, turning once and make sure the center is cooked to measure 165°F with a meat thermometer.
- Cover the Portobello mushroom tops with oil, salt and pepper. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Use the mushroom tops as the bun for your burger.
- Wrap the burger in steamed baby collard green leaves.
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach and sliced avocados drizzled with a homemade vinegrette.
- Or, Serve with steamed broccoli.
This is a great way to increase your vegetable intake and the zucchini makes the burger so juicy even the kids will love them!
Recipe by Living Health