Simple Mashed Cauliflower
In the winter it is all too common to crave the typical comfort food aka mashed potatoes, baked goods, etc. Cauliflower is an incredibly versatile veggie that can be cooked in various ways to create more than you can imagine: cauliflower crusts (click here to try Dr. Steph’s Shepherd’s Pie using a cauliflower crust), hummus, burgers and even chocolate cake! For more of where that came from click here.
Course - Side Dish
Cuisine - American
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 Medium Head cauliflower Trimmed and cutinto small florets (about 6-7 cups)
- 1-2 Tbsp Extra virgin organic olive oil
- To taste Sea salt
- To taste Ground black pepper
- 2 Cloves garlic Minced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add cauliflower and cook until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and then drain well and transfer cauliflower to a food processor.
- Add oil and reserved water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and puree until smooth. (Or, mash cauliflower with a potato masher).
- Blend in garlic. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Recipe by Dr. Stephanie Chaney