Kale and Bean Salad
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice about 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 cucumber diced
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- Monk Fruit optional
- 6 oz Fresh Kale (your choice) about 4 cups rinsed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 15 oz can Chickpeas rinsed and drained –reduced sodium and BPA free
- In a bowl, whisk together Lemon Juice, Garlic, Salt, and Pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in Olive Oil, whisking until creamy. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- **NOTE: If the vinaigrette is too lemony for your liking, add small amounts of Monk Fruit to adjust the flavor.
- Pour lemon vinaigrette over Kale and firmly massage until kale begins to soften and all surfaces are coated.
- Gently fold in the Carrots, Cucumbers, Quinoa and Chickpeas. Serve immediately.
This makes four 1 cup servings. Great as a prepared snack on the go. Bisphenol A, BPA, is a synthetic estrogen found in the epoxy coatings of food cans and plastic that has been linked to many health problems.
Recipe by Living Health