Italian Roasted Chicken
and Vegetable Salad
- 2 bone-in organic chicken breast halves (about 2 lb. total)
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red, orange or green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 8 oz. Mediterranean-blend salad greens
- At least 3 hours before cooking mix together in a large sized bowl 3 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 clove of garlic and 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning. Place the chicken breasts in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinade in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375° Coat a shallow cooking pan with the avocado oil.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the 3 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 clove of garlic and 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning. Place all the chopped vegetables in the marinade for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken, skin side up, on one half of the roasting pan and the vegetables in one layer on the other half of the pan.
- Sprinkle everything with the salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered for 45 minutes or until the chicken is done (170°F). Allow the chicken to rest until it becomes cool enough to handle.
- On a separate plate, remove and discard chicken skin and bones. Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Arrange salad greens on a platter. Spoon the chicken, juices and vegetables over the greens and enjoy!
Recipe by Living Health