One Pan Italian Chicken
Sausage and Peppers
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 4 medium red, yellow, orange and green sweet peppers cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 3 large garlic gloves crushed and minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 12oz. package of Italian spiced organic chicken sausage without nitrites like from Applegate or Bilinski’s, sliced into 1 inch pieces.
- 2 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 425° Coat a 15x10-inch glass or porcelain baking pan with avocado oil.
- Add all the vegetables, garlic and sausages to the pan.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar, sprinkle with salt and toss gently to coat.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Top with oregano and Enjoy!
It goes well with white or wild rice as well.
Bell Peppers are full of vitamins and antioxidants. They contain 200 percent of your daily cell protecting Vitamin C, are high in brain building Vitamin B6, blood boosting folate, gut cleansing fiber, nerve supporting Vitamin E, vision fortifying Vitamin A and cancer fighting lycopene. Research has shown that red peppers can activate thermogenesis and even increase metabolism.
Bell Peppers also contain powerful antioxidants like anti-tumor Capsanthin, cellular protective Violaxanthin, eye supporting Luetin, heart healthy Quercetin, and anti-inflammatory Luteolin.
- Diabetic Living, 2019 One Pan Dinners p13
Recipe by Living Health