Grain Free Breakfast Porridge
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti squash from 1 large squash
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup finely shredded coconut
- 1-2 Tbsp. Monk Fruit
- Coconut flour
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract, optional
- Coconut milk and cinnamon, if desired for serving
- Combine all ingredients except the coconut flour in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer for 8 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Use an immersion blender to achieve an oatmeal-like texture. If the texture is not thick enough, add coconut flour, a tablespoon at a time, to thicken. If you like a thinner texture, add more coconut milk.
- If desired, add the vanilla extract.
- Serve with additional coconut milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon or your favorite toppings.
The method with which you prepare the spaghetti squash:
Cutting the squash in rounds allows you to create long strands of al dente spaghetti.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the ends off the squash and discard. Then, cut about 1½ inch wide rounds of the squash, set on a baking dish lined with unbleached parchment paper, for easy cleanup. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- Bake until the strands are tender but not mushy, about 50-60 minutes. If you prefer your spaghetti squash more firm, reduce baking time to about 40 minutes. Use a fork to pull the strands into the center of each round.
Experiment with different squashes, fruits and seasonings. Add some collagen powder to increase your protein.
Recipe by Living Health