Garlic Swiss Chard
This garlic swiss chard recipe is a great add on to any main course or lunch. Healthy and full of nutritious value, it’s a quick side dish that goes great with any protein. This recipe is free of gluten and dairy.
Course - Side Dish
Cuisine - American
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 Bunch Swiss chard
- 2 Tsp Macadamia nuts
- 1/2 Medium onion Sliced
- 3 Cloves garlic Thinly sliced
- To taste Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Tsp Tamari
- 1 Tso Toasted sesame oil
- Wash chard well in a large basin of cold water. Drain well. Cut or strip leaves from the stems. Slice stems into 1/4-inch pieces and set aside in a bowl.
- Roughly chop leaves and set aside in a second bowl. In a separate bowl mix the lemon juice, tamari and sesame oil.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until the onions are soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat if onions are cooking too fast. Add chard stems, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in chard leaves, cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the lemon juice, tamari and sesame oil mix.
- Add 1 tablespoon water, if necessary, to create enough steam to cook greens quickly.
- When ready, greens should be wilted but still bright green.
Recipe by Living Health