Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 cups of cooked organic free range chicken breast diced
- 10 ounces mixed organic salad greens
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado meat diced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks celery diced
- ½ cup walnuts crushed
- ½ cup organic grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado meat
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon coconut amino
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime plus zest from
- Half of organic lime
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro plus a little extra chopped for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Prepare the dressing by putting all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- In a bowl place the chicken, celery, walnuts and tomatoes. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl mix together the lettuce, lemon juice, salt and pepper then divide among 4 plates.
- Divide the diced avocado amongst the 4 plates.
- Divide the chicken mixture over salad on the 4 plates. Garnish with cilantro and Enjoy!
Recipe by Living Health