Sweet Potato Toast
- 1 large sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Cut sweet potato lengthwise in ¼ inch thick slices using a sharp knife or mandolin for consistent slices. For toast-like appearance, cut off the ends before slicing.
- Arrange slices in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until fork tender. About 15-20 minutes.
- Add sweet or savory toppings of your choice and enjoy!
- Cooked sweet potatoes can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for about 4 days. To reheat, place slices in toaster or toaster oven until you have reached desired crispness. Then add toppings
- Topping choices are endless but below are a few suggestions:
- Avocado or guacamole
- Nut butter
- Fruits or vegetables
- Sprouts or microgreens
- Bacon or Sausage
- Slices of meat
- Hummus or Bean dip
- Chia or flax seeds
- (Pictured: Sweet potato toast topped with spicy guacamole, sliced soft boiled egg, broccoli sprouts, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper)
Recipe by Dr. Thomas A. Chaney