Ready For A Stress Free Holiday?
Tis the season to be Jolly! Unfortunately many of us get overly stressed during the holiday season; so much so that it can lead to poor health even to the point of hospital visits.
Stress comes in many forms like chemical stress from toxins we consume in our food or our environment. There is also physical stress like chronic pains from poor posture and spinal alignment. Then there is mental and emotional stress from work, family or financial issues.
Stress has been linked to high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, heart attacks, strokes, increased blood sugar, ulcers, and mood disorders just to name a few. Stress effects ever part of our body.
During the holidays stressors increase exponentially. So this season let’s make a plan to practice self-care, remove or reduce our stressors and give ourselves the gift of health!
- Plan to do things in advance and not wait for the last minute rush.
- Adjust your schedule to work from home and avoid the long commute.
- Schedule yourself to get enough sleep.
- Avoid stress inducing foods like excess sugar, carbs and caffeine.
- Avoid adding too many projects to your schedule.
- Add yoga and meditation to your daily schedule.
- Take deep breaths.
- Learn to say “No”, so you do not overbook yourself
- Take Epson salt baths with lavender.
- Take healthy snacks with you while you shop. (pumpkin seeds, healthy snack bar or nuts)
- Stay hydrated and limit or eliminate alcohol consumption.
- Eat super vitamin and mineral filled mood booster healthy foods like:
- Free-range organic turkey breast
- Green leafy vegetables (even in smoothies) full of B vitamins
- Probiotics: fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi or kombucha
- Omega 3 fatty acids in wild caught salmon or grass fed-grass finished meets
- Wild berries, fresh or frozen
- Dark Chocolate 80% plus dark
- Nuts and seeds
- Take supplements to aid with stress
- Probiotics helps you maintain a strong immune defense
- Magnesium Glycinate and L-threonate great for mind relaxing and brain health
- L-glutimamine- helps maintain your gut health
- B vitamins
- Active Multivitamin
- Fish Oil
- Vitamin C
- Glutathione, a super antioxidant
- CortiCalm (Living Health supplement)
- Adapto Max (Living Health supplement)
- Neuro Calm (Living Health supplement)
CortiCalm helps your body resist and recover from the effects of everyday stress. Components of this multifunctional formula have been shown to support healthy cortisol levels, help alleviate occasional fatigue, promote mental clarity, and support relaxation and restful sleep.
For more information call our office at 410-216-9180 or to order CortiCalm online click Here!
Adaptomax supports the body when temporarily under stress or feeling energetically spent. This product is designed to support both physical and mental functionality through the use of carefully selected phytonutrients and plant enzymes. Key ingredients include extract of Panax ginseng, ashwagandha, and holy basil. It also includes high-potency antioxidant vitamin C.
For more information call our office at 410-216-9180 or to order Adapto Max online click Here!
NeuroCalm is an innovative powdered drink mix. It contains a blend of ingredients that supports the body’s natural synthesis of catecholamines, the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, hormonal balance, and healthy glucose metabolism. NeuroCalm aims to promote a calm, relaxed, well-balanced emotional and physiological state.
For more information call our office at 410-216-9180 or to order NeuroCalm online click Here!
Listen to the doctors’ advice to aid with stress here: