Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (stems removed)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3-4 organic garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 organic jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 2 medium organic tomatoes (finely chopped) *omit if not on your food plan
- 3/4 cup diced organic bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder (or red chilli powder)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- More cilantro, sliced avocados, jalapenos, lime juice for topping
- Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse until the cauliflower looks similar to rice. Make sure not to go too far as the cauliflower will start to get mushy.
Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic and jalapenos. Stir fry for a few minutes till the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Add tomatoes, cumin powder, paprika powder and salt to the pan. Cook the tomatoes for a few minutes until they have softened. Add the diced bell peppers and cauliflower rice to the pan and mix well. Stir fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes until it’s tender.
Top with lime juice, cilantro, avocado, jalapenos.
*You can also add ground beef or chicken for a full burrito bowl!