Coconut Chia Berry Pudding
- 1 15oz can of coconut cream (full fat)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. Monk Fruit
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh mixed berries
- Stir together your chia seeds and water in a bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is well combined and super thick, mix in the coconut cream, monk fruit and vanilla. Make sure to break up any clumps of chia seeds.
- Pour the pudding mixture into four 1 cup bowls or glasses, cover and put the mixture in the fridge to “set” for 1-2 hours.
- The chia pudding should be nice and thick.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and serve! Fresh mint garnish is optional.
Chia seeds are an excellent source of protein, fiber, calcium, iron, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. Coconut cream is rich in medium chain fatty acids and is thick at room temperature. Monk fruit does not spike your blood glucose levels. Berries are full of nutrients and antioxidants.
This pudding has a similar texture to tapioca pudding. If the texture is not for you then try blending the pudding in a high powered blender before refrigerating. The pudding will come out smooth and creamy!
Recipe by Living Health