Chocolate Coconut Keto Bars
This is THE easiest treat/dessert I’ve ever made! They are low glycemic, low sugar/carbs, high fat and high fiber so they are also a great, healthy option for a snack or small dessert that won’t mess with your sugars and will actually fill you up! YAY! For the inulin/monkfruit sweetener, you could use 1 tsp of inulin (if you already have on hand) and ¼ tsp monkfruit powder (100%)…amazon.com is a good place to find). The inulin/monkfruit combo I have gotten is Swanson brand.
- 2 cups of organic, shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp inulin/monkfruit powder (or ¼ tsp pure liquid stevia)
- 4 oz Organic 100% Dark chocolate or 4 squares Baker’s unsweetened chocolate
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp inulin/monkfruit (or ¼ tsp pure liquid stevia)
**you can also use and melt Lily’s dark chocolate bar – it’s sweetened with stevia and erythritol so wouldn’t need the coconut oil or sweetener at all…just melt the chocolate and use as your topping…
- Make Bottom layer by mixing all the bottom layer ingredients in a food processor until ‘dough’ forms.
- Press into a 8x8 pan (silicon is best for easy ‘pop-out’)**you can also use candy ‘cup’ molds instead to create individual cups that you can pop out and store in fridge
- Place in freezer while you get the topping melted
- Melt and stir the Top Layer ingredients on low stove top (or microwave on med) until melted.
- Pour evenly over bottom layer and place back in freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Pop out of pan onto cutting board and slice into squares.
- If you used the candy ‘cup’ mold, then you would top them all up with the chocolate, freeze for 20 minutes, then pop them out and store them in a container in the fridge to keep firm.