4 Lessons from the 21 Day Detox
4 Lessons from the 21 Day Detox
It is my 21st aka my last day on the detox! Going into the detox I was anxious and I didn’t know if I was ready to take on the challenge. I kept making excuses in my head that would get me off the hook and not go for it. But I soon realized that the time is now. I feel so accomplished that I did it. Here is what I learned about myself during the 21 Day Detox with Living Health Integrative Medicine:
1. It gave me consistent energy. I felt like I was well rested with energy and it was easier to get out of bed- a feeling I hadn’t experience in a while without the help of coffee. But unlike coffee it was sustainable energy. I want more of this feeling in my future and intend to have a healthier diet that will keep this going.
2. I genuinely looked forward to the one big healthy meal at lunchtime. The booklet gave me great recipes that were healthy and yummy. Having that one meal made me more conscious of eating with a purpose rather than mindless eating through out the day.
3. What I eat shows on my face. The results of the detox not only show on the scale but my skin and moods as well. My skin is glowing and I have gotten a lot of compliments! My moods are also more stable and I feel more present!
4. Setbacks remind me that my health journey is a process that I am working on everyday with every meal. Last week there was a lot of temptation because I was getting ready to start school and I had some transitions at my job. Typically this would lead to me stress eating. However, this time I was hyper aware of this stress eating trigger and was replacing the trigger with healthy snacks and distractions.
Unfortunately, I did have a setback once with my mom’s lasagna. I had brought my own snacks to a family gathering and was restraining myself from this delicious lasagna. The entire event I was sticking to my plan- which was hard but gratifying! Consequently, my mom and I had the same Tupperware and when I brought back hers by mistake I realized it wasn’t my snacks – it was the lasagna! I did cave and had a bite or two. But guess what, I paid for it. I felt sluggish and bloated later on that night. Lesson learned!
I’m really grateful for this new change, the weight loss, steady moods and energy! I couldn’t think of a better way to start my new year off on the right foot. All of my measurements are below but to summarize I lost a total of 8 lbs and 9.5 inches. 🙂
I would encourage anyone that is thinking about doing the program, to stop thinking and start doing. If I can do it, you can do it! Here is the link to the detox.
Here are my day 1 measurements:
- 172 Pounds
- 5 ft 4 inches
- Waist- 38 inches
- Belly- 41.5 inches
- Hips- 41.75 inches
- Arms- 13 inches right arm, 14 inches left arm
- Left and Right Legs- 24 inches
Here are my day 7 measurements:
- 168 Pounds -> 4 pounds lost!
- Waist- 35.5 inches-> 2.5 inches lost!
- Belly- 38 inches-> 3.5 inches lost!
- Hips- 40.5 inches-> 1.25 inches lost!
- Arms- 13 inches right arm-> same 13 inches left arm-> 1 inch lost!
- Legs- 22 inches left-> 2 inches lost! 23 inches right-> 1 inch lost
Here are my day 14 measurements:
- 165 Pounds- 3 pounds lost!
- Waist- 35.5 inches-> same
- Belly- 40 inches-> gained 2 inches
- Hips- 40.5-> same
- Arms- Right-> 12.5 .5 inches lost! Left-> 13 inches same
- Legs- Left-> 22 inches same Right-> 23 inches same
Final day 21 Measurements:
- 164 Pounds- 1 pound lost!
- Waist- 33.5inches-> 2 inches lost!
- Belly- 38-> 2 inches lost!
- Hips- 39.5 inches-> 1 inch lost
- Arms- Right-> 12.5 same Left-> 12.5-> .5 inches lost!
- Legs- Left-> 23 inches gained one inch Right-> 23 inches same
- 1 pound lost and 5.5 inches lost since last week
21 Days later…
– Lost 8 pounds
– 2.5 inches off her waist
– 3.5 inches off her belly
– 2.5 inches off her hips
-.5 inches off her right arm 1.5 inches off her left arm
– Gained one inch in left leg Right leg stayed the same
That’s a total of 8 pounds and 9.5 inches shed!